November 06, 2008

"German Blogger Barbara Skoda"

Well, that would be me. The TOI Website has an article by Anuradha Varma on the Fans reaction to the Temptation Reloaded disaster in Germany.
Where btw. some of the fans already filed charges for fraud against the promoters and quite a few of the claimants only converse via their lawyers with Sensasian anymore. The SRK youtube apology made it to the evening news on TV. Anyone involved with Bollywood in Germany is fighting for damage control and German Bollywood magazine Ishq is trying to extract at least parts of the truth behind the whole drama.

*of course I am actually "Austrian Blogger Barbara Skoda" since my home base is in Vienna, Austria. And we only speak German there (A fact that might be disputed by anyone living north of Munich). But I stopped minding the mix up. In fact whenever I get asked of my origin here in Chennai I resort to answering "Germany" for quite a while now. It is somehow the better option than to always explain that Austria is not Australia and most of the time giving up because people don´t get it...

7 comments:

parotechnics said...

Yes very difficult the Austria is not Australia. To people who can't even adjust to the fact that Goregaon is not Gurgaon, your option is wisest. Not that it's just us Indians. An American operator once asked me what is the country code for Africa when I was trying to make a call to Eritrea....

babasko said...

LOL. there are t-shirts being sold in austria that say "we don´t have kangogroos"

Anonymous said...

well, sweet, dont call the funny sounding stuff you salzburg girl speak german ;)

Anonymous said...

girls instead of girl, sorry for that ;)

ajnabi said...

Haha, that reminds me of the opening scene of "Dumb and Dumber:"

Him: That's a lovely accent. New Jersey?

Her: Austria.

Him: Austria! Well! Let's throw another shrimp on the barbie, mate!

Her: Let's... not.

babasko said...

LOL. dont tell me i have to go and watch that now. I somehow managed to avoid it until now. but that is too funny.

qwonk said...

nice blog